SUBMIT YOUR FILM
Free Submission November 1st – December 15th
$20 Submission December 16th – January 10th
$40 Submission January 11th – February 1st
Holle Award Deadline January 31st (free submission)
Submitting directly to the festival is separate from submitting to The Holle Award for Excellence in Filmmaking. Only the top five submissions for The Holle Award are guaranteed a spot in Black Warrior Film Festival. We encourage you to submit to both Black Warrior Film Festival and The Holle Award to maximize your chances of having your film screened. After Black Warrior submissions have ended our programming team will review all films and decide what will be shown at the festival.
$10,000 grand prize. Top five submissions are guaranteed to screen in Black Warrior Film Festival.
Submissions for Holle Award For Excellence in Filmmaking will be always be free.
- The film must be 30 minutes or less; narrative and documentary films are considered
- The director of the film must be a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Narrative films must be based on an original screenplay - no adaptations of books, short stories or other copyrighted material is permitted for consideration of this award
- The filmmaker must have release forms for all talent and subjects that appear on screen
- The filmmaker must hold rights or have permission for all material used in the film such as music rights, logos and branding, and any copyrighted material that appear on screen
Criteria For Judging
- The film demonstrates a unique vision and style of the director
- The film shows an originality in concept and creative approaches to storytelling
- The film displays technical skill and interesting aesthetic qualities
- FIRST ROUND CONSIDERATION: Each film will be screened at least twice by a panel of faculty judges, film festival programmers and industry professionals
- FINAL JUDGING PANEL will include two representatives of the C&IS Board of Visitors as well as a film, television or media industry professional
Any questions concerning submission please email firstname.lastname@example.org